Math 128 - Plane Trigonometry
Spring 2018

Syllabus

Announcements:

- The final exam will be given on Wednesday, May 2 from 10:00 to 11:50 am in the normal lecture room.  To help you study for the exam, you may find it useful to review this list of practice problems, and this list of exam material.

Paper Homework Assignments
Homework 1, due Friday, January 19
(As a reminder, these are the same problems as are on WebAssign, so if you complete the assignment on WebAssign, you DO NOT need to turn anything in on paper.

Homework 2, due Friday, January 26
Homework 3, due Friday, February 2
Homework 4, due Friday, February 16
Homework 5, due Friday, February 23
Homework 6, due Friday, March 2
Homework 7, due Friday, March 23

Homework 8, due Wednesday, March 28
The early due date is listed because there will be no class on Friday.  However, you have until the usual time on Friday if you do the problems on WebAssign.  If you do your assignments on paper, you can turn this in to me in class on Wednesday or during my office hours on Thursday.  Additionally, you can email me scans or pictures of your assignment before noon on Friday, and I will still grade it for full credit.  However, if you don't turn the homework in until the following Monday, I will count it as late and grade it for half-credit only.
Homework 9, due Friday, April 6
Homework 10, due Friday, April 20
Homework 11, due Friday, April 27

Old Announcements:
  - Your quiz on the values of the trig ratios for special angles will be on Friday, January 19
  - Exam 1 will be given on Friday, February 2 and will cover the material from sections 5.1, 5.2, 5.3, 5.4, 6.1, 6.2, 6.3, 6.4, and 6.5.
 -
Exam 2 will be given on Friday, March 2, and will cover the material from sections 5.5, 5.6, 7.1, 7.2, 7.3, 7.4, and 7.5.
 - Exam 3 will be given on Friday, April 6.  It will cover the material in sections 8.1, 8.2, 8.3, 9.1, and 9.2.

Note: As of this announcement, everyone who has taken the trig quiz at least once has successfully passed it, but there are still students registered for the course who have not attempted the trig quiz.  Anyone who does not pass the trig quiz before the exam will be penalized 5 percentage points on the exam.  To schedule a make-up trig quiz, see me in office hours or email me ASAP.

-