Math 448 - Probability and Statistics
Spring 2020

Original Syllabus      Changes to Syllabus

Announcements:

- I wrote some practice problems on probability questions to help you study for that portion of the final exam.  I made the document in a compressed form, but also in a long form in case you want to print it out and fill in the answers on the sheet.
 - My virtual office hours are Mon 1-2, Tues 11-12, Wed 2-3, Thurs 12-1, Fri 12-1.  They will be held on Google Meet under the meeting code TechMathLeary.  I will also have open tutoring hours on Tues 6pm-7pm under the meeting code TechMathHelp.

Current Homework Assignment:
     - Homework 11, due Friday, May 1
Schedule: Week of April 27 - May 1

Monday:

Wednesday:

Friday:

Homework Assignments
 -
Homework 1, due Friday, January 24
  - Homework 2, due Friday, January 31
    - Homework 3, due Friday, February 14
    - Homework 4, due Friday, February 21
    - Homework 5, due Friday, February 28
    - Homework 6, due Friday, March 13
     - Homework 7, due Friday, April 3
     - Homework 8, due Friday, April 10
     - Homework 9, due Friday, April 17
     - Homework 10, due Friday, April 24
     - Homework 11, due Friday, May 1
     - Homework 12, due Wednesday, May 6

Old Announcements:
  - Exam 1 will be given on Wednesday, February 5 and will cover the material in Chapter 1.
  - Exam 2 will be given on Friday, February 28 and will cover the material in Chapter 2 and Chapter 3.
  - The data sets for Chapter 6 homework can be downloaded from https://www.cengage.com/cgi-wadsworth/course_products_wp.pl?fid=M20b&product_isbn_issn=9781111827045&token=
  - I will be posting a weekly schedule each week so that you can keep on track.
  - Exam 3 will be given on Friday, April 17.  It will cover material on continuous RVs from Chapter 2, as well as Sections 4.1, 4.2, 5.1, 5.2, 5.3, 6.1, 6.2, 6.3, 7.1, 7.2, and 7.3.  You may use the course textbook, class notes, and a calculator.  You may NOT use your phone, any other books, or any programs, media, or internet resources besides ones featured on the course websites.  The exam problems will be sent by email around 9:00 am eastern time.  (The exam will also be available on eCampus afterwards.)  You must send me your completed exam work by 9:00 pm!  Even though I have written the exam to only take about an hour, you will have roughly 12 hours to do it!  Note that you will need your own paper to write on.  At the beginning of the exam, you will be asked to write and sign an academic honesty oath confirming that you have followed these instructions.

Past Notes and Weekly Schedules